The mission of Ability Housing is to build strong communities where everyone has a home.
Ability Housing’s vision is a society where housing is a right, not a privilege, and all individuals have safe, affordable housing in vibrant communities.
All of Ability Housing’s work is based upon the core beliefs that:
• Everyone should have a home.
• Working together creates opportunities and changes lives.
• Challenging the status quo creates new ideas and innovative solutions.
• Using data and evidence-based practices creates effective and lasting results.
• The trust of the people and communities we serve must be earned every day.
All Ability Housing residents are low-income, earning 80% or less of the area median income (AMI). Most are very low-income, earning 50% or less of the AMI; and extremely low-income, earning 30% or less of AMI. Currently, the average annual income of Ability Housing’s residents is $8,465
An industry leader, Ability Housing stabilizes lives, strengthens neighborhoods, and reduces unnecessary financial burdens for taxpayers by providing permanent solutions for some of our communities’ most complex problems.
Building strong communities where everyone has a home…Is more than a slogan. Ability Housing’s objective is to fundamentally change the way the problem of homelessness is being addressed in our community.