CASA is Ability Housing’s first development, consisting of 29 homes scattered throughout Duval County. CASA provides quality, affordable housing for adults with a disability; it is called CASA because each home is Convenient, Affordable, Safe, and Accessible.
CASA was designed for adults with developmental disabilities who wish to live independently in the community. Each house is rented to two or three roommates. This innovative housing model was designated as a State Demonstration Project by the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council. According to annual surveys of CASA residents, 100% of respondents rate their housing as “good” or “excellent.”
- City of Jacksonville HOME and SHIP Program Loans
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta Affordable Housing Program Grants
- Florida Department of Children and Families Homeless Housing Assistance Grant
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation Demonstration Program Loans
- TIAA Bank and JPMorgan Chase Bank traditional mortgage loans
- Florida Community Loan Fund, Inc.
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation