The mission of Ability Housing is to build strong communities where everyone has a home.
Ability Housing’s vision is a society where housing is a right, not a privilege, and all individuals have safe, affordable housing in vibrant communities.
All of Ability Housing’s work is based upon the core beliefs that:
• Everyone should have a home.
• Working together creates opportunities and changes lives.
• Challenging the status quo creates new ideas and innovative solutions.
• Using data and evidence-based practices creates effective and lasting results.
• The trust of the people and communities we serve must be earned every day.
All Ability Housing residents are low-income, earning 80% or less of the area median income (AMI). Most are very low-income, earning 50% or less of the AMI; and extremely low-income, earning 30% or less of AMI. Currently, the average annual income of Ability Housing's residents is $10,400
An industry leader, Ability Housing stabilizes lives, strengthens neighborhoods, and reduces unnecessary financial burdens for taxpayers by providing permanent solutions for some of our communities' most complex problems.